Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hufflepuff Slytherin Quiz #3

We have been asked by Hagrid to describe an experience that we've had with a magical creature, so today I'm going to write about my childhood pet that I called Limpy. Limpy is actually a Plimpy.

When I was 2 years old I couldn't say Plimpy very well, so when my parents asked me to repeat my new pet's name I said Limpy. A Plimpy is "a kind of fish, shaped like a ball with two long, rubbery legs and webbed feet. If you happen to spot a plimpy with its legs tied in a knot, you will know that merpeople are around." I had Limpy just about from birth, and because they grow slow he didn't reach full size until I was 4 1/2 years old - just about the time that the old memory storage kicks in.

On our property we have a huge pond, so when Limpy got too big for my little fish tank we put him in the pond. Well, when I was about 4 1/2 the merpeople, who were not in our pond before, showed up. How they got there, I don't know. My parents, who really are fun loving people decided that they did not want merpeople around their daughter, so they decided that Limpy had to be moved to another pond. I remember being so said that I cried for days and days. To this day, every time that I see a pond I wonder if I'll see Limpy.

No comments: